How can I practice healthy living?
Many sources that list the principles of a healthy life list the following practices.
1. Eating in moderation, that is for the average American adult male about 2700 calories per day and for an adult woman, 2200 calories per day. You can track the number of calories with a phone app. A good free one is called My Fitness Pal. It is also important to eat balanced meals with at least five fruits or vegetables with limited sugar consumption.
2. Hydration, drinking adequate water per day, at least eight 8 oz glasses.
3. Exercise, at least 30 minutes per day.
4. Do not smoke, drink alcohol in excess, or consume illegal drugs.
5. Rest, for most adults, 7 to 8 hours a night appears to be the best amount of sleep.